Vibra-Tite Viz-Torque® 202
Viz-Torque 202 Tamper Detection Marker is an inspection paste used to visually detect torque movement due to vibratory loosening or tampering of fittings, assemblies, nuts, bolts and studs. This quick-drying tamper proof torque marker identifies whether a part has been moved from its original position. Once dried in place, Viz-Torque 202 Tamper Detection Marker creates a seal for torque movement detection, which allows the dry and brittle material stripe to break, providing proof of fastener tampering or loosening. Viz-Torque 202 has good adhesion to most metals when applied to a clean, dry surface and is available in a selection of highly visible colors.
- Tamper-proof Indicator Paste
- Bright, highly visible colored paste that dries to a brittle film to create a torque tamper seal
- Brittle film that easily breaks when assembly has been tampered with
- Provides instant visual inspection to indicate loss of torque on an assembly
- Can be used to provide warranty protection against tampering.
- Fluoresces under UV Light
- Provides professionally finished look to an assembly
- Exhibits good adhesion to most metals when applied to a clean, dry surface.
- Helps quality control by providing warranty management in the event of tampering.
- Does not easily wash off with water or mild solvents.
- Compatible with most metals, paints and plastics.
- Temperature resistant up to 300°F
Why Use Viz-Torque
Once dried in place, Viz-Torque is resistant to environmental elements, but brittle and fragile enough to consistently break in the case of tampering or loss of torque. Early detection of a loose fastener helps prevent collateral damage and limits time and cost associated with repairs.