Vibra-Tite VC-3 Threadmate
Vibra-Tite VC-3 Threadmate is one of the most versatile threadlockers available on the market. An alternative to traditional liquid lockers which cure to form a hard bond, VC-3 is a proprietary blend of thermoplastic elastomer resins designed to remain flexible and absorb vibration. The combination of inert/non-reactive amorphous resins creates a tough, semi solid layer inside the threads of a mated joint. VC-3 damps the vibrational energy transferred between the threads of a mated fastener, preventing fastener loosening and loss of clamp load. These unique differences make VC-3 coated fasteners truly adjustable, removable, and reusable.
- An acrylic polymer that damps and absorbs vibration
- Will not harden like anaerobic threadlockers
- Works with metal, wood, plastic (*see table) and more
- Fasteners are easily adjusted, removed and reused
- Works on fasteners of any shape or size, from tiny eyeglass screws to large construction bolts
- Works with internal or external threads
- Meets low out-gassing specifications (NASA SP-R-0022A, in accordance with ASTM E 595)
- From tiny eyeglass screws to huge construction bolts, Vibra-Tite VC-3 is ideal for use on fasteners of any size.
- Mounting ski / snowboard bindings, plates and inserts.
- RC models (Drones, Airplanes, Helicopters).
- Bolts on motorcycles.
Direction for Use
Shake well before each use. Apply VC-3 a length of 1 to 1 ½ times the fastener diameter, filling threads 30-50%. Although material will be dry to touch within minutes, allow VC-3 to dry for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better), depending on part size. Fasteners are then ready for assembly or to be stored for later use.